Guidance on Testing Processes and Best Practice Tips and Tricks
This eGuide on how to correctly test your industrial metal detector starts with an explanation of the differences between validation, verification and routine performance monitoring. It then explains recommended test methods for different types of metal detection systems, including:
- Conveyors with discrete products or packs
- Conveyors with bulk product
- Free-fall vertical packaging applications (Vertical Form, Fill and Seal)
- Gravity-feed inspection systems for powders and granular products
- Pipeline systems for liquids, pastes and slurries
Diagrams are provided to support the best practice recommendations.
The eGuide then goes beyond the basics of routine performance monitoring tests. It explains additional retailer testing requirements that manufacturers may be required to comply with and provides guidance on the recommended frequency of testing.