By ensuring the safety and integrity of a wide range of chilled, frozen and canned/preserved fish and seafood products, x-ray inspection systems can prevent harmful contaminants and substandard products from reaching consumers, as well as protect your business from brand-damaging product recalls.
Investing in one of our x-ray systems can also help food manufacturers to achieve compliance with Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)-based Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI)-recognised standards, such as:
- The British Retail Consortium’s (BRC) Global Standard for Food Safety
- International Food Standard (IFS)
- Safe Quality Food (SQF) 2000 Code
- The Foundation for Food Safety Certification(FSSC) 22000
Eagle x-ray systems provide exceptional detection of the following foreign bodies, irrespective of their shape, size or location, within a variety of applications, including bulk fish and seafood, ready meals, formed-style fish fingers or cakes, pies, tinned tuna or herrings and fish spread in tubes or glass jars.
- Glass shards (including glass contamination within glass containers)
- Metal fragments (including metal within foil and metalized film packaging)
- Mineral stone
- Some plastic and rubber compounds
- Calcified bone