The new generation of Langen hygienic packaging machines have been designed according to the seven key principles we identified as being essential for making breakthroughs in hygiene performance:
- Solid components only, preventing bacteria from building up in the first place.
- Fewer flat and horizontal surfaces, minimise the potential for dust and dirt to settle, while also preventing water from pooling anywhere on the machine.
- Minimum contact, cutting the number of places where one surface touches another.
- Modular assemblies, making it easier to remove components and assemblies for thorough cleaning.
- No hidden dust traps, avoiding the use of cosmetic features, such as conduits and ducts to hide wiring, which also provide a safe haven for bacteria.
- Easy to clean materials, with low levels of surface roughness, use of stainless steel and active review of new materials.
- Simplification, taking out unnecessary components and reducing the number of moving parts.
Download the full white paper below to learn more.