The Thermo Scientific* APEX HD metal detector is expressly designed to thrive in harsh environments, such as meat, poultry, seafood and fresh fruit processing where general use and sanitation submit the system to thermal shock.
The Thermo Scientific APEX HD option extends this leading family of detectors and is available for the APEX 500 conveyor and APEX 300 drop through and pipeline models. Its robust design was independently tested for over 10,000 thermal cycles with no water ingress and misbalance or fault.
The Thermo Scientific APEX HD (Heavy Duty) Metal Detector was independently tested for over 10,000 thermal cycles with no water ingress and misbalance or fault. It also features a highly reliable control panel that is water tight and comes with a one way vent to let condensation escape should water get inside for any reason. Finally, the display has two windows protecting it and the inner window is inspected for a hermetic seal prior to assembly. For this reason all APEX HD metal detectors come with a standard three year warranty.
- Unique case design and epoxy fill for reliable use in thermal shock environments
- 316 alloy stainless steel utilized for the higher corrosion resistance
- Standard APEX electronics and software for complete compatibility with other models
- Sensitivity equal to the standard APEX models
- Phasing or Intellitrack XR to compensate or remove wet product effects
- Available with Thermo Scientific conveyor, drop through and pipeline systems designed to your specifications
- Typical applications include meat, poultry, seafood and fresh fruit and vegetable processing plants
We designed this new HD capability after hearing from customers in cold processing environments about how many metal detectors could not survive continual cleaning with hot water and sanitation chemicals in these facilities. This resulted in expensive service calls, repair bills and hours or days of downtime. Even though most metal detectors (including the standard APEX family) meet or exceed IP69K high pressure and temperature cleaning, they just were not designed to go from low to very high temperatures and back hundreds to thousands of times. After limited use most metal detectors end up being “wet” inside.
The APEX HD option is available for conveyor applications (APEX 500) and drop through and pipeline applications (APEX 300) in a range of popular aperture sizes. Due to the way the coil assemblies are constructed they are also extremely resistant to vibration or other mechanical effects found in typical metal detection applications.