Cookson Launches New Finished Goods Pallets
While these new pallets have features that are particularly beneficial to the beverage industry, they also have a wide-range of general warehouse applications for the food processing, paper, publishing and pharmaceutical industries.
"The new Duro-Cell™ Finished Goods Pallet is designed to be part of any finished goods application," said Bob Reivik, President of Cookson Plastic Molding's Material Handling Division. "They are meant to protect the manufactured product and to reduce injuries, while cutting transportation and disposal costs.
"In the beverage industry, for example, the move to Duro-Cell™ Finished Goods plastic pallets is a natural extension since they have been using returnable cases for more than 30 years and have return systems in place for soda crates," Reivik said. "Utilizing plastic pallets translates into cutting costs by increasing productivity, lowering cost per trip and reducing product damage."
The new Duro-Cell™ Finished Goods Pallets have:
- One-piece molding with no replacement parts.
- Totally encapsulated leg cavities to prevent the collection and spread of contaminants and to facilitate cleaning.
- Rounded legs and four-way forklift/pallet jack entries to improve access and to reduce possible injuries.
In addition, the use of plastic pallets:
- Reduces labor costs -- sorting and repairing wooden pallets becomes obsolete.
- Enhances cleanliness and sanitation.
- Increases efficiency -- there is less equipment downtime as a result of wooden pallets jamming equipment.
For more information on Duro-Cell™ Finished Goods Pallets, contact Cookson Plastic Molding Corp. at 888-738-8800 or email to email@example.com. Visit Cookson's web site at www.cooksonmhd.com/pr.
Cookson Plastic Molding Corp. Material Handling Division has manufacturing facilities in Essex, UK; Lawrenceville, GA; Mora, MN; and Latham, NY.
Cookson Group plc is an international industrial materials group which is listed on the London Stock Exchange.