K-Tron Tunnel Diverter Valve For Pressure Or Vacuum ConveyingSource: K-Tron
K-Tron Tunnel Diverter Valves are designed for use in pressure or vacuum systems to divert or converge granulars, fine powders, or abrasive materials.
The K-Tron Tunnel Diverter Valve features fast, easy seal replacement that minimizes maintenance downtime. The seals can be accessed without disturbing the valve's installed, supported position; and without removing the housing, rotor, or bearings.
Tunnel Diverter Valve Performance Features
- Ideal for use in pressure or vacuum systems
- Efficiently handles granulars, fine powders, and abrasive materials
- Tunnel design prevents material migration into unused leg
- The assembled valve is delivered pre-wired and ready for use—no adjustment or rotor alignment required
- Rotor bearings sealed for life
- Air-operated actuator with proof switches for both rotor positions
- Valve is controlled remotely by connection to system control panel
- Operates at system pressures up to 20 PSIG
- Low pressure drop minimizes velocity change through valve
Tunnel Diverter Valve Materials of Construction
The material contact areas inside the valve are constructed from 304 stainless steel. This ensures maximum durability when conveying abrasive materials and enables it to be specified for use in food grade applications. Machined to exact tolerances, the non-contact areas of the housing and endplates are cast aluminum and the non-contact area of the rotor is carbon steel.
Sealed Ports Maximize Material Throughput
To maximize material throughput, the Tunnel Diverter Valve is designed with all three ports sealed. One of the valve's outlets is in line with the inlet, and the other is offset 30°. Upon actuation, the rotor rotates 150° to align with the selected port.
Tunnel Diverter Valve Choice of Seals
Two seal options are available. O-ring seals are available for applications conveying pellets and granular materials. The standard valve operates at system pressures up to 20 PSIG and temperatures up to 200° F. Higher temperature applications can also be accommodated.
Fast, Easy Seal Replacement
The seals can be replaced by one person without removing the unit from its supported, installed position.
Other Construction Features
- Line sizes include 3", 4", 5", 6", and 8", for I. D. tube, schedule 10, and schedule 40 pipe
- Enclosure ratings of NEMA 4X and NEMA 9 are standard, with NEMA 7 optional
- One outlet is in line with the inlet, and the other is offset 30°